July’s finds are all completely different things that have nothing to do with each other. A bug bite thing, a book, a tee, a romper, dress, and a few games! Oh, and my fav hat again! Check out my thoughts below!
My kids just walk outside this time of year for 5 minutes and end up covered in bug bites…..🤦🏻♀️ If you use this fairly soon after they get the bite it really works! It sucks out the venom and takes the itch and swelling away!! Woo hoo! They say it also works on splinters…..I will have to give that a try too!
I am normally a midi or maxi dress girl, but this dress is such a great fit I had to try it! Love the fit! Love the fabrication! The hand feel is so soft and there is a ton of stretch so makes this incredibly comfortable. The length is perfect and not too short. Oh, and it comes in a ton of colors and prints! Now to this hat! I can’t say enough amazing things about this hat! I had to buy it twice! Unfortunately I lost the first one I bought somewhere along the way. I tried a ton of others to replace it, but none lived up to the original. So I just bought it again! It is perfect on everyone! This also comes in a ton of color options too!
So what makes a T-shirt perfect to me?! This one hits all the pionts below!
1. soft fabrication
2. Not see through
3. Perfect fit (not too tight/ not too big)
4. Great length to wear multiple ways
5. Great sleeve fit. Doesn’t bell out
And this one has a longer shirt tail hem which makes it great to wear with leggings or bike shorts!! Plus it comes in tons of colors!!
5) Family Game Night
Looking for a fun family game night? Or something to do on and rainy day? These are great options! We we’re heading to the beach for a week and it was looking like it may rain a bit while we were down there so the kids picked these out to keep us having fun on and vacay!
Every season there are those few special items that help us all get through it! Well, the items in this post are not only my saviors for this summer, they are the same items that have gotten me though every summer for a few years now! So when one of them wears out or runs out, I buy a new one to replace it!
Let’s start with the one, the only BATHING SUIT I personally wear. Since having children we all have those areas we like to hide or camouflage, right? Well, this one does the trick! The quality of the fabrication holds up to days (and years) in the pool, ocean, and wash. It is truly worth every penny and IF you can grab it on sale you are lucky!
Next it’s all about the accessories!! The straw hat! This is honestly the perfect hat for everyone. I seriously looks amazing on everyone. I have to tell you that I actually lost this hat last summer and thought I would look for a different one. I must have tried on dozens of straw hats from everywhere and none of them looked great. So I went and bought this one again and sure enough, LOVED it! The sunglasses! These are the only sunglasses I wear. Love RayBans and love the aviator style. I have had grey lenses, brown lenses and now I have these green lenses (which I have had for a few years now). They are classic and you can’t go wrong with this style.
The Flip Flops! To know me is to know that I wear flip flops all summer and with everything. I wear them with shorts, dresses, and jeans! Casual and dressed up! These are the flip flops I wear and buy EVERY summer. They are durable and comfortable and they always offer trendy prints like leopard and snake print.
My fav denim shorts and tank! This is my uniform all summer. It’s that easy breezy look that you wear all summer. Just hanging at home, going to a bbq, or heading the shore this is the look! First the Tank! This tank is the best fit and light fabrication with out being see through. I don’t even know how many colors I have it in! Now denim shorts are a staple every year. The style may change but the base is the same. This years style that I literally find myself reaching for every day is a little more destructed than last years!
Now let’s talk about self tanner. I don’t use a traditional self tanner. I use Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer. I have been using this for at least 10 years!! It doesn’t make you orange. You don’t need to use a mit to apply it. Using this subtly tans you over 7 days with little to no streaking. And it not only gently tans, moisturizes, it also firms your skin. Love love it!!
Lastly this item is actually a new item that will now become a need every misquote season!! My kids just walk outside this time of year for 5 minutes and end up covered in bug bites…..🤦🏻♀️. If you use this fairly soon after they get the bite it really works! It sucks out the venom and takes the itch and swelling away!! Woo hoo! They say it also works on splinters…..I will
I found a great way to make a little extra money while cleaning out not only my closet, but my husbands, kids and my basement! I found Poshmark! Poshmark is a great online business that helps you sell your items to people all over the country. It is so easy and I am going to tell you how! Check out my Poshmark page here!
1) first you create an account. Super easy, go to www.poshmark.com and click on “sign up”, fill out your information and you are done. I added the app to my phone and do all my work through that. Please note that there is a fee every time someone makes a purchase of $2.95. Poshmark just takes the few out of your sale.
2) once you have decided what you want to sell they make it super easy. In the app you just click on the “sell” button at the bottom of your screen and they walk you through every step which takes about 5 minutes to go through. And that’s it! Your item is listed.
3) you can go through other “Poshers” to find similar people to you. You follow them and others will find you to follow you.
4) once you make a sale, they contact you and will email you the shipping label.
5). All shipments are done using USPS priority mail. You will need to pack and ship your items within 2 days of the sale. They will email to you if this does not happen to remind you.
6) you need to uses either the white priority mail boxes or a plain brown box. The white boxes are free from the post office. I even have mine delivered to me for free from www.usps.com.
Some helpful hints:
1) make sure the items you choose to post, if not new with tags, are clean and ironed
2) take as many pictures as you can. Front, back, tags to show brand, tag to show fiber content or ingredients, any features and benefits of the item.
3) make sure to completely describe the item in the item description section. Mention any and all features and benefits, details, fabric content, brand, and condition. If there are any imperfections make sure to mention them in the description, type and size. Also be sure to add a picture of the imperfections so the buyer can see it.
4) price fairly. The goal is to sell it, right? Not to hold on to it forever. I try to start around 75% off the original price and go from there depending on the condition.
5) when you receive an offer, if the offer is within 20% of my listed price I usually accept it. But you can counter offer to test the buyer out as well!
6) I recommend reviewing your prices every week. Take a day and make that day your day to take markdowns. I do it every Sunday if needed. If items are not getting any likes or haven’t had any action in a while I will take the price lower to see if it generates any likes or offers.
7) when packing the items up to shop I like to wrap them nicely in tissue paper so it looks like a gift when they open the box. Some people like to add a little thank you note or something extra to make the customer feel special and remember your shop to go back again. I definitely recommend adding something special. It will go a long way!
Check out my poshmark page to see how I have posted my items. Also, take some time to shop if you would like! Make me an offer!
I bought my first succulent during this quarantine and just fell in love with it! So cute, and seems easy enough to take care of, right? Well, not exactly. The key is not to over water them and make sure the soil is totally dry before you add water again. When watering you want to soak the soil until the water is running out the hole in the bottom of the planter. Once that is done, just leave until totally dry again.
Besides how easy or not they are to care for, they are so beautiful. So many different varieties, colors, and shapes.
I recently found this amazing shop on Etsy, Queen of Succulents. She offers so many options to choose from including this amazing find that I just received! These adorable baby succulent clippings!
Once I placed my order I received them within the week. Not only were they beautifully packaged but also came along with perfect instructions on what to do with and how to handle them.
The first step (and only step really), is to plant them in dry soil and wait for them to grow roots. This process my take anywhere from 2-8 weeks. The best part is that they can all be planted together in one pot or you can separate them.
Once they root you can replant them in different pots or keep them together!
Soooo…..if we have to be home, there might as well be beautiful weather! We have sure lucked out over here!
The warmer temps have inspired us to start grilling! I am sharing with you one of my favorite marinades for chicken on the grill. Warning, there are a lot of ingredients but I believe most of them are pantry staples!
First, what you will need:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar or other vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup lemon juice (or 2 fresh lemons or limes, I use whatever I have on hand. I bet an orange would be good too!)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
6 chicken breasts or 3.5 lb chicken
What to do with it all:
Mix the first 11 ingredients above together and then pour into a large ziplock bag
Reserve about 3/4 cup marinade to either baste the chicken or use as a sauce to pour over the finished chicken
Place the chicken in the ziplock bag and massage the marinade all over the chicken.
Place in refrigerator and marinate anywhere from 4-24 hours. It really doesn’t matter how long. I have done it for 4 hours and 24 hours. So good no matter what!
Preheat the grill to about medium high and grill the chicken approx 6 mins per side until cooked through.
Once done let the chicken rest for 5 mins with foil tented over it.
If you want to use the reserved marinade as a sauce put it in a small pot and bring to simmer for about 5 mins until reduced slightly.
ENJOY!!! I am sure you will be making this all summer long!!
We were planning a super fun and full spring break road trip to Washington DC, but with the current situation obviously that is not happening. 😪 We will instead be trying to fill the week with family fun around the house and hopefully be able to social distance ourselves at the park and on hikes.
To prepare for the original trip I had pulled together some things for full days of touring, walking, and enjoying the outside views of monuments and museums.
Comfortable shoes was #1 on the list!
1). I have heard so much about these Day Glove Flats by Everlane. Every review I have read or seen spoke about how comfortable these shoes were from the moment you put them on your feet. Well, the all the reviews were absolutely right! Not only are they amazing comfortable right out of the box. They needed little to no break in time! The leather so very soft and I love the vents on the inner sole for breathablity. They also come I also come in almost 20 colors!!
2) The next pair of shoes I was packing were these Grand Court Sneakers from Adidas! These sneakers are so versatile and look great with leggings, jeans, skirts and dresses. They also have a cloud foam inner sole for total comfort!
#2 on my packing list was a great Spring jacket
I found this super cute jacket at Old Navy! It is water resistant, which caught my eye immediately since you never know what the days will bring in terms of weather. The jacket also has a micro fleece lining in the body and pockets for a touch of warmth, as well as satin lined sleeves for ease of putting the jacket on. It also has a bungee cord waist to pull in and full zipper closure with snaps. It comes in 3 colors.
I also picked up a new denim jacket for the trip! Of course I already have a classic one, but liked the more oversized look of this one. It is a little bit longer and oversized which is perfect this time of year to layer over light sweaters and sweatshirts!
#3 I needed a great crossbody!
I love a good crossbody bag because it leaves my hands free to explore the museums and monuments. It also allows me to hold my kids hands while walking around! I picked up this cute quilted style on Amazon and added the Strap to jazz it up a little. It is also the perfect size for your wallet, phone, lipgloss, and touring maps!!
Enjoy your Spring Break what ever it ends up being!! As long as you are with your family and friends it will be perfect!
My anxiety has hit an all time high by trying to balance this new normal! We all work through our stress in different ways and working out for me has been an instant stress reliever. But I am also one who dreads working out. I just have never loved it. BUT, I love how I feel when it’s over and that is what keeps me coming back.
Before COVID-19 I went to my local kickboxing class 3 days a week for a sweat filled hour and whole body workout. But since my gym had to close like all the other gyms, I was left feeling panicked about how I would stay in shape and get my workouts in. I was worried also for my mind. I knew if I didn’t have my me time to really focus on relieving the stress, it would make everything else that much harder.
One bright spot to the social distancing and lack of normal life as we know it, has been the amount of companies offering free services online. The fitness world has been no exception and I’ve seen tons of adds for companies inviting you to try their programs for free.
One goal I’ve had for myself during this home isolation period is to slow down more and embrace what I have around me: my home, family, food, etc. So when I was looking for workout programs to try, I wanted to try new ones that would allow me to move a little slower and be more focused and present.
I chose 2 different programs that are pushing me out of my comfort zone in many ways and have allowed me to use this unique time in our lives to try something new. I’ve detailed out my thoughts on the 2 programs below and shared links if you want to try them for yourself. No matter what you are doing, make sure you are spending time on yourself to relieve that stress. It will make you much stronger in order to face all the other pieces of this new world we have around us.
I have wanted to try pilates for a while! But couldn’t find the time to make it to another studio during the week. So when I saw this, I thought, why not give it a shot? It is focused on all the body parts I want to see the most improvement in: core, glutes, legs, arms…well I guess everything!
What I love:
1. Classes are 30 min. I used to do hour long classes in the gym but I can’t find that solid hour with the whole family being in the house together. But 30 min I can carve out each day!
2. You don’t need lots of equipment. I use an old yoga mat for most classes. The teacher uses pilates discs for some and light weights for others. I used a paper plate in place of a pilates disc and used the weights I have as best as I could. Some classes I just skip them since I don’t have ones light enough.
3. Modifications for every move. These moves target some of the weakest parts of my body, which is why I chose them, I want to be stronger. But that also means that I can’t keep up with every single move. So on those that I’m struggling more, there is a modification I can follow so I’m still staying active and getting stronger till one day when I can do more.
4. Feel results quickly. Immediately after the class I feel tighter and more toned. By the next morning, I can really feel the muscles that were worked. But I’m not in pain to the point that I can’t do anything the next day. It’s the good pain you feel when you know you’ve been challenged and it’s going to make you stronger.
5. Access to other workouts. I chose to try the XB Pilates program first. But there are a ton of other options if you want to experiment: barre, dance, yoga, cardio, HIIT, weight circuits….so many choices. I’m only trying the pilates option for my free trial, but I could see myself staying with the program past the trial to have so many options while at home.
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, sign up here and get started! Open Fit
I will be honest about my history with yoga. I have tried different classes and videos over the years and nothing seemed to click. It was too slow and dare I say…a little boring. But Bulldog Yoga has been a breadth of fresh air and so far, I am loving it!
My favorite parts:
Classes are engaging and set to great playlists. I find the music and flow of the classes to be energizing and I can remain focused! I also love how the instruction is clear so as a beginner, I can still follow along and feel like I’m making progress even though I’m not physically with the teacher.
Different class lengths. Some days I have more time but most days I have only a small amount of time to dedicate to working out. I love that most of the classes are around 30 min but some are longer. So if I’m really feeling up to it, I can push it and take a longer class!
Different types of classes. As a beginner I knew I needed to start at the beginning level. But I’ve already moved on and experimented with the other types of classes. Some are slow and about flow. Some are faster and more intense. And others are focused on certain parts of the body. As I get more experienced and stronger, I’m excited to try different types and levels to really push myself.
Different teachers. As with any type of workout, different teachers have different styles. This practice is not any different. As a beginner who is learning different techniques, I enjoy learning from all different teachers. They all communicate and run their classes in different ways which keeps my mind and body challenged. Once I find my favorites, I can replay their classes as many times as I like!
Two great options for you to consider, though I’m sure there are many great programs out there for whatever you are looking for. Just stay as active as you can and it will help as we navigate this new reality!
Stay healthy and wishing the best for you and your families during this time!
Wow! Can’t believe February is over!! This means that spring is right around the corner and it looks like we (and all of you) are ready for it!! These Amazon picks are perfect for spring, vacation, and the warmer weather! Just love that it all can be dressed up or down! Check our top picks below!!
The Cross Body/ Shoulder bag!
As my #1 favorite time this month, this bag will be on heavy rotation all spring, if not used everyday. It comes in 22 colors to choose from (mine is Brown 2). I love everything about it:
1) It is vegan leather and is 5 star rated!
2) The beautiful strap that comes with it is removable so you can change up the look! I am wearing it as a cross body, but it can also be adjusted to a shoulder bag as well!
3) This bag is 8” long, so it fits a nice size wallet!
4) Lastly it has a nice outside pocket that I use for my phone and a nice size inside pocket as well.
Puff Sleeve Top!
This super sweet top is right on trend. I choose the pink but it comes in 15 other colors, which are ALL so good! The sleeve hits right above the elbow. The body is straight with a little stretch. I am wearing a medium for the length, which was recommended in the comments. This top will be so easy to dress up for work and down for the weekends!!
This romper will be a staple item all summer! Made of high quality knit fabric that is super soft and drapes well. There is a key hole back to make it very easy to put on and take off. And there are pockets!! Top can be worn off the shoulder or as a regular scoop neck style.
I am so excited that I picked up this item!! So versatile and I can’t wait to wear it! Soft knit fabric for extra comfort. Nice details including drawstring waist, pockets, and a tighter knit on the hem so you can wear them at your ankle or slightly pulled up on your calf. This item can be styled in so many ways: by itself, paired with a cute jacket, dressed up or down- have fun with it!
With spring right around the corner, pretty, floral, feminine blouses are everywhere. So many different silhouettes! Think tie necks, puff sleeves, ruffles, bohemian, pullover and button front. Everything and anything you would want is out there! Here are a few of my favs!
This beautiful blouse is only $18!! So pretty with its mock neck, slight puff sleeve and gold buttons detail at the back of neck and cuffs. It is perfect for lunch with friends, wear to work, or date night!
These next 2 pretty florals are so incredible!! Which do you like better?
These next 2 are more casual and perfect for wearing with shorts or jeans!
One thing for sure, is that you will need at least one floral print for spring!!