Fall is the time to refresh my Denim options. For the past 10 years, at least, I feel like I have only been reaching for my skinny jeans. Remember when skinny jeans first were becoming a thing, after our boot cuts were becoming “old”? At that time I thought you had to be a certain body type to wear them, soooooo wrong!! We all can wear them and that is all I have been wearing since.
I have been wearing Old Navy Rockstar Super Skinnies for most of that time. I reach for them everyday, but now I feel I am ready for something new. I have been loving how The straight leg and those cute kick flairs have been looking on all the models on the websites but scared to try myself. Recently I purchased the Cigarette Straight Leg Jeans and the Cropped Boot Cut from the Gap. Check out my review and most importantly what shoes go best with these styles below!
SKINNY – First we will take a closer look at the Old Navy Rockstar Jeans. Like I said, these are my go to jeans of choice. You really just can’t go wrong here. The price, many color and fabric options, and levels of destruction available seems endless at times!
1) They offer low, mid, and high rise. I wear the mid rise and it hits me about a inch below my belly button.
2) These jeans are super skinny from hip all the way down to ankle opening. They also are very stretchy. They will hold their shape all day, so no baggy knees at the end of the day!!
3) I find skinny jeans par well with all shoe styles, but they are your go to jean to wear with tall or over the knee boots.
STRAIGHT LEG – Next we will take a closer look at these Cigarette Fit Jeans from Gap.
1) This particular pair I choose is a high rise. They hit me about a 1/2 inch above my belly button. There are many different styles to choose from.
2) This fit is fitted through the hip and thigh then a slim straight leg to the ankle.
3) In terms of what shoes work best with this style: higher bootie, pumps, and sneakers. I do not think tucking these into your tall boots will be an option…
CROPPED BOOT CUT – Last we will take a closer look at these super cute cropped boot cut jeans. I love these, but understand they may not be for everyone.
1) These are high rise with exposed button fly. They hit about 1/2 inch above my belly button.
2) They are fitted through hips and thighs then slightly flair out. They hit about 4 inches above my ankle.
3) This for looks great with a higher shaft bootie or tighter shaft tall boot, flats, and I feel they look amazing with heels of any type.
I would love to hear your thoughts!! Send in your comments! (commission links)