For my 3rd installment of easy weeknight recipes to help us during these last few weeks before the holidays, is this delicious pasta dish that everyone is sure to love! The best part is that you can add veggies to help increase the nutrition value!
First, this is what you will need!
2) 4 chicken breasts
3) olive oil
4) 40oz jar of vodka sauce (I like Victoria brand)
5) 1 cup chicken stock
6) 1 bunch asparagus sliced into 1-2 inch slicks (This is also where you can add other veggies like peas or spinach if you would like)
7) 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream
8) 1 lb angel hair pasta
9) Parmesan cheese
10) salt & pepper
Now, what to do with all that!
1) season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper
2) lightly flour each chicken breast
3) In a large pan heat a large drizzle of olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown for 6-8 minutes per side.
4) once the chicken is browned and cooked through remove from pan.
5) Add the Vodka sauce to the pan to heat simmer. Once at summer add the chicken stock and stir scraping up all the chicken bits from bottom of pan.
6) Add in the asparagus and any other veggies you want. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
7) While all this is cooking boil water in a large pot. Add a handful of salt. Once boiling add pasta until done to your liking.
8) Once the asparagus has simmered for 5 minutes add the chicken back to pan and let all simmer together for 10 minutes.
9) Next swirl in the heavy cream and stir through for 1 minute.
10) once all done remove the chicken and add the pasta to the sauce.
Serve pasta with the chicken on the side. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with a nice bread!! Enjoy!