Soooo…..if we have to be home, there might as well be beautiful weather! We have sure lucked out over here!
The warmer temps have inspired us to start grilling! I am sharing with you one of my favorite marinades for chicken on the grill. Warning, there are a lot of ingredients but I believe most of them are pantry staples!
First, what you will need:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar or other vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup lemon juice (or 2 fresh lemons or limes, I use whatever I have on hand. I bet an orange would be good too!)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 chicken breasts or 3.5 lb chicken
What to do with it all:
- Mix the first 11 ingredients above together and then pour into a large ziplock bag
- Reserve about 3/4 cup marinade to either baste the chicken or use as a sauce to pour over the finished chicken
- Place the chicken in the ziplock bag and massage the marinade all over the chicken.
- Place in refrigerator and marinate anywhere from 4-24 hours. It really doesn’t matter how long. I have done it for 4 hours and 24 hours. So good no matter what!
- Preheat the grill to about medium high and grill the chicken approx 6 mins per side until cooked through.
- Once done let the chicken rest for 5 mins with foil tented over it.
- If you want to use the reserved marinade as a sauce put it in a small pot and bring to simmer for about 5 mins until reduced slightly.
ENJOY!!! I am sure you will be making this all summer long!!