Much like chili recipes, everyone has their favorite Beef Stew Recipe. After trying several different ones I took pieces of each and came up with my own! So if you are looking for one to try I am sharing mine with you all!! Let me know what you think!
First, this is what you will need!
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 1/2 lbs stew meat cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic minced
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 bottles, 24 ounces, of beer (I just use whatever is in the house)
2 cups low sodium beef broth
Small can of Tomato paste
Small bag of baby carrots
1 green pepper diced
3 stalks of celery
3 large red bliss potatoes, washed and diced
Second, this is what you do with it all!
1) In a Dutch oven heat oil and butter over medium heat. Season beef with Adobo and add the beef to the pot in a single layer. Brown on all sides, may need to do this in batches. Once done remove beef from pot and set aside
2) Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until caramelized, approx 10 mins.
3) Sprinkle onions with flour and stir to combine for 1 min.
4) Return the beef to the pot and add the beer, beef broth, tomato paste diluted in 1 cup warm water. Bring to boil then lower and simmer for 1 1/4 hours.
5) Add the carrots, green pepper, celery, and potatoes to the pot. Return to boil then simmer for 45 mins.
Serve with a nice crusty bread!!
Ugh! I forgot to take a picture of the final product!!! Very amateurish, I KNOW!! I will add it next time……